Pack To Give Back
SEPTEMBER 10th | 9am-1pm| FOOD BANK OF NORTHWEST INDIANA | WWW.FOODBANKNWI.ORG/PACK
September is Hunger Action Month, a time to bring attention to the hunger crisis in America. During this time, the Feeding America Network and 200 Member Food Banks nationwide are creating awareness and raising funds to support the millions of individuals and families dealing with hunger on a daily basis. At the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, we are encouraging our community to commit to just ONE action in support of this critical cause.
We are inviting your corporate teams to take ONE day out of your busy schedule to volunteer and help address hunger right here in the Region. Join us for Pack to Give Back, on Thursday, September 10th at 6490 Broadway, Merrillville. To promote the highest level of safety and promote social distancing, the event will be staged outside. Your corporate team will have an opportunity to sort and pack food boxes that will later be distributed during a special Mega Mobile Market Distribution, serving approximately 650 families. Your team will:
- Choose one of our 2 time slots (9am – 11am or 1pm -3pm).
- Wear company logo gear (a team photo will be part of the day).
- Wear masks and agree to COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Consider making a team/company donation to the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana. Just $1 provides 3 meals for individuals and families struggling with hunger. All donations during the month of September will be matched by Strack & Van Til, up to $25,000.
- Share your photos from the day and tag the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana using #MyHungerActionOne.
While making a significant impact in the community, you can also promote team building among your colleagues. Will you join us? To confirm your team, please send your company name, time slot, and number of people to: email@example.com.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Allyson Vaulx, firstname.lastname@example.org, 219-980-1777, ext. 314. Thank you!