The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana is pleased to announce a $10,000 contribution from First Financial Bank and First Financial Foundation to assist with COVID-19 emergency food assistance.
“We are in the midst of an unprecedented time, but will get through it on the strength of our community”, said Victor A. Garcia, Executive Director. “The gift from First Financial helps with the increased capacity demanded by our neighbors in need during this time of crisis”.
The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana continues to adjust operations to address the increased need for food assistance resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. Emergency assistance operations have evolved to include:
- Senior Food Box Deliveries to seniors that are at highest risk, shut in, lack transportation, or don’t qualify for any type of government assistance.
- Drive Thru Only Mobile Market Food Distributions
- School Site Mini Mobile Market Distributions for families with children who were on free/reduced lunch
- Targeted Mobile Market Food Distributions for Displaced/Unemployed Individuals in hospitality, retail, etc.
- Mini Mobile Market Distributions with several bulk items
- And more