This program directly serves individuals and families in areas where additional food assistance is needed. Mobile Marketplace travels to a different community each week, distributing approximately 40-50 pounds of healthy food/groceries to individuals and families across the Region. Mobile Market serves about 250 households each Wednesday, 550 households every other Friday/Saturday from our 6490 location, and about 300 households every other Saturday from a Porter County location. To see the upcoming Mobile Market schedule, please click here.
The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana works with more than 100 food pantries and soup kitchens to distribute food to Lake and Porter County residents. Clients who are in need of food assistance can search their nearest pantry on the Pantry Locator map. Hours of operation and contact information is available. Due to holidays or emergency closures, clients are encouraged to call ahead to confirm the time and date of the pantry and receive additional information. For additional information, please contact the Food Bank at 219.980.1777.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES HAVE CANCELLED OR AMENDED FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS:
- ADVANCING CHRIST (HOBART) – CLOSED
- CAFE MANNA (VALPARAISO) – CLOSED
- CARTER MEMORIAL (GARY) – CLOSED
- CHRISTIAN VALLEY (GARY) – CLOSED
- GREATER WORKS (HAMMOND) - CLOSED
- MOUNT ZION (HAMMOND) – CLOSED
- ST. ANN’S (GARY) – DRIVE THRU ONLY
- ST. MATTHIAS (CROWN POINT) – DRIVE THRU ONLY
- ST. TIMOTHY (GRIFFITH) – OPEN AT 8:30AM
- ZION TEMPLE (GARY) – PANTRY OPEN, SOUP KITCHEN CLOSED